Have you ever heard of the term raised floor? The raised floor or what is often referred to as the access floor is a stage-shaped floor system that makes the floor elevation higher. Usually, this raised floor design is used in rooms with complicated cable, data, communication and piping installations. Therefore, this system is usually used in office buildings.
Advantages of Raised Floor Design
There are several advantages that you can get by applying the raised floor. Anything?
- The room looks neater aesthetically because of the various cable installations and intricate pipelines hidden at the bottom.
- The size of the raised floor is of precision and international standard.
- Easy and fast in the installation process because it uses a knock down system.
- The elevation or height from the floor can be adjusted according to the needs of the occupants.
- If at any time needed, the panel can also be lifted.
- It can be disassembled and then reassembled in another location.
- Raised floor can also play an important role for air circulation or air conditioning with a down flow system.
Ideas for Using Raised Floor Design at Home
It turns out that the raised floor cannot only be used in office buildings, you know. Raised floors can also be designed to be used as a component of a residential design with a touch of creativity. Do you want to apply the raised floor design in your home? Here’s the inspiration.
- As a room divider with a drowning impression
Want to create an unusual living room design? You can try this alternative design as a design to create a different living room. To create a living room with a “sinking” impression, use the raised floor design covered by vinyl or parquet in other areas. Meanwhile, the living room area itself does not need to use the raised floor, so you can get the impression of ‘sinking’ in the living room.
- As a Secret Storage Place
Hidden compartments or hiding places for secret items can make your living room more unique and interesting. Anyone who visits your home will not think that there is storage under their feet. This storage area can also be a smart solution for those of you who don’t have a lot of storage space because of the limited occupancy area.
- As a Zoning System in the Kitchen
The kitchen can also be one of the points of interest in a house by using the raised floor. The raised floor design in the kitchen can make it look like a beautiful stage that attracts anyone who sees it. In addition, the raised floor system is also able to give the kitchen a zoning impression and separate it from the other rooms next to it. That way, you no longer need to install additional partitions.
- As a Storage Solution in the Bedroom
Raised floors can also be a solution so that your bedroom looks more spacious, tidy, and well organized. By using the raised floor system, you can add several storage drawers to store your various personal items, such as clothes, blankets, books, or even a collection of toys in a child’s room. By placing the mattress on the raised floor, it can also make the room look more attractive and make the division of space more efficient.
- As an Accent in the Swimming Pool
A raised floor can not only be applied indoors but can also be applied outdoors. You can provide a raised floor in an outdoor room, such as on one side of the swimming pool. Use the raised floor as a platform for tables and lounge chairs by the pool. This raised floor can also be a separate accent for the entire swimming pool design.
The use of the raised floor design can not only function as additional free space to store various needs, such as wiring installations, piping, or control systems, to your personal belongings, the raised floor can also be a unique and attractive accent for your home, you know. So, are you becoming more and more interested in applying the raised floor so that the room looks tidier and more attractive?